Located at 1084 West Peachtree Street, in the center of trendy Midtown and a short distance from the hipster Old Forth Ward District in Atlanta, the new, 23-story Midtown high-rise residential building offers 320 units, luxury amenities, a parking deck and retail space on the ground floor. The project, which began construction in January 2012, is expected to open to tenants January 2013-just in time to usher in the New Year.
Designed to comply with Energy Star’s new Multi-Family High-Rise (MFHR) program, the building is at least 15% more energy efficient than multi-family high rise buildings built to current, standard ASHRAE code.
The building showcases sustainable details which reduce utility costs for the property manager and individual tenants, as well as which provide greater creature comfort. Jordan & Skala designed the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems which feature the following energy efficient components:
- High-performance exterior windows and doors with thermally broken frames.
- High-performance building envelope using increased continuous wall and roof insulation.
- Hi-efficiency heat pump HVAC systems.
- Energy star appliances.
- Low-flow water-sense plumbing fixtures.
- Premium efficiency motors on domestic water pumps.
- High efficiency fluorescent / LED lighting throughout the building
- Occupancy lighting sensors in all public spaces
- Continuous ventilation in all living units, thus improving indoor air quality
To ensure designs and systems perform as specified, the building’s systems and exterior envelope underwent third party commissioning and testing to ensure the client’s objectives were met.
With units ranging in size from 557-square foot studios to 1418-square foot, three-bedroom apartments, the Midtown high-rise residential building offers a rooftop pool, an amenity deck, a spacious clubroom, a state of the art fitness center and breathtaking views. Jordan & Skala is pleased to beneficially contribute to the high-rise homes of hundreds of future Midtown residents.
Images courtesy of Smallwood, Reynolds, Stewart, Stewart